Solved

GEODATABASE_SDE reads lines as IFMELine + IFMEArc

• 15 January 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi, I used to read my ESRI database with the ArcSDE Legacy Reader which worked fine. When I switched to the new GEODATABASE_SDE reader, my ESRI lines that have a cross over that looks like an arc are now read as an IFMEPatch which is a combination of an IFMELine and an IFMEArc.

With the Leagacy reader the same line is read as a Line and not as a path of a line and an arc. Is there a way to force it to be read as a line as before? If not possible what would be the best way to convert it as a line?

Thanks,

Simon

icon

Best answer by bwn 17 January 2020, 02:01

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Have you tried the GeometryCoercer transformer to set it to fme_line?

Hope that helps.

Badge +2

@simonbelletete I think you'll have to use the PathSplitter, ArcStroker and LineCombiner to rejoin all the segments.

example workspace (2019.2): pathstroker.fmw

@simonbelletete I think you'll have to use the PathSplitter, ArcStroker and LineCombiner to rejoin all the segments.

example workspace (2019.2): pathstroker.fmw

ArcStroker + GeometryRefiner works too.

Badge +3

Had the same issue when converting my Workspace from the Legacy SDE Reader.

Tried a few variations, but here is what seemed to work best. Many thanks to @takashi for pointing me in the right direction on how to dissolve Paths with GeometryRefiner! I had previously been using PathSplitter and LineCombiner as suggested below, but replacing it with GeometryRefiner works much better and handles it with less errors.