Question

Writer fields not matching reader

Badge +3

I'm hoping this is an easy fix but for some reason the writer fields are not matching the reader fields even though they are exactly the same. The writer I noticed has capitalised all the field names and because of this they appear red(not matching). I'm using FME Desktop 2016 and haven't come across this problem before. I have tried casechanger to Uppercase the fields and this still doesn't work. Not sure why this is happening.

5 replies

Badge +2

@gisgeek, perhaps the option to capitalize the fields name is on; under the writers properties. See screenshot below. I am not sure which format you want to write into though.

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

The red bits in the output writer are just showing that there is no attribute going into them. You can expand the previous transformer to the writer and drag a line from the yellow arrow to the red arrow. But if you have lots and they are virtually the same attribute, then use the autoconnect like shown in the image.

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Here is the image

Badge +3

Magic thank you that works perfectly

Userlevel 4

Just for info: the CaseChanger won't touch the attribute names, it will only work on the attribute values.

You can use the BulkAttributeRenamer to set all the attribute names to upper case.