Question

pdal lidar classification?

• 16 March 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge

hi,

can some body share a transformer for using pdal library for lidar classification (using a json file as configuration).. Something like lastools transformer?

thanks

4 replies

Badge +11

Hi @miladahmad,

I haven't tried these myself, but I noticed that there are some LAStools that are wrapped up for use in the FME Hub in case you'd be interested in taking a look there.

Badge

Hi @miladahmad,

I haven't tried these myself, but I noticed that there are some LAStools that are wrapped up for use in the FME Hub in case you'd be interested in taking a look there.

thanks.. I already use lastools transformers and they are greats but lastools it is not open source. Pdal is an open source library and I can use it also with command call but It will be great if we can have a trnasformer (I tried but i did not get it working)..

Badge +11

thanks.. I already use lastools transformers and they are greats but lastools it is not open source. Pdal is an open source library and I can use it also with command call but It will be great if we can have a trnasformer (I tried but i did not get it working)..

ah, I took another look into it and your idea has already been added to our internal enhancement request (FMEENGINE-37367). It looks there's a roadmap aimed for FME 2019.1 and I'll let you know when that has been addressed.

Badge

ah, I took another look into it and your idea has already been added to our internal enhancement request (FMEENGINE-37367). It looks there's a roadmap aimed for FME 2019.1 and I'll let you know when that has been addressed.

that great news.. thanks for your time