Solved

Read Oracle View as new Feature Type

• 12 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +11

Hi Guys,

is it possible to acces a view in an Oracle Spatial database by the Oracel Spatial Object reader? When I try to connect, the table list doesn't show any existing view. In case the reader doesn't support reading views, is there any workaround to get my view as a feature type into FME Workbench?

Thanks for helping,

Wolfgang

icon

Best answer by erik_jan 12 June 2020, 16:22

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

I have a distant memory of not being able to see a view with the reader but being able to use a Select * from statement in an sqlcreator to read all the information from a view. Have you tried that?

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

FME uses the SDO_GEOM_METADATA tables for the list of tables in the reader.

Views are usually not in that list.

But if you type the name of the view in the table select field in the reader parameters, FME will find the view for you.

Hope this helps.

Badge +11

FME uses the SDO_GEOM_METADATA tables for the list of tables in the reader.

Views are usually not in that list.

But if you type the name of the view in the table select field in the reader parameters, FME will find the view for you.

Hope this helps.

Hi @erik_jan, thanks for the hint, that did the trick! I've got a warning line like @markatsafe mentioned in his "Question of the week" article (Metadata does not exist for column 'GEOMETRY' of table 'V_FSE_SPLKID_MLA' -- geometry will be assumed to be 2D) but data came into Workbench like a charm.