Solved

Workspace Runner runs only with Source of Child Workspace

I want to run a Workspace with each run a different Shapefiles as Source.

I Use the "Directory and File Pathnames" Reader and set it to *.shp.

Then i set the Source of the Shapefile in the Workspacerunner to windows_path.

And here is the Problem:

Now the Child Workspace runs with the Child Workspace Source Shapefile.

But so many times as the "Directory and File Pathnames" Reader from the Main Workspace has.

It doesnt get that he needs to Change the Source to another Shapefile in the Childworkspace.

It only runs 8 times with the Child Workspace Source instead of Using the 8 different Shapes from the "Directory and File Pathnames".

What am i doing wrong?

icon

Best answer by oscard 16 December 2019, 10:19

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

Is the Child Workspace using the same source parameter for the SHAPE as the one you have used in the Workspace Runner?

Is the Child Workspace using the same source parameter for the SHAPE as the one you have used in the Workspace Runner?

In the Child Workspace is only one of the 8 Shapefiles defined. In the Workspace Runner there are all 8 Shapefiles.

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

In the Child Workspace is only one of the 8 Shapefiles defined. In the Workspace Runner there are all 8 Shapefiles.

Yes, but the Reader in the Child has a parameter linked to its source. That paremeter should appear in the WorkspaceRunner of the Father workspace.

Could you add a couple of screenshots? One with your Child user parameters and other with the WorkspaceRunner parameters.

I cant send Screenshots because of the Paths and Filenames. Im not allowed to.

Child is Like:

"R:\\bla\\1_bla.shp"

and WorkspaceRunner is Like:

ESRI SHAPE Source: windows_path

and my Directory and File Pathnames has:

windows_path:

R:\\bla\\1_bla.shp

R:\\bla\\2_bla.shp

R:\\bla\\3_bla.shp

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

I cant send Screenshots because of the Paths and Filenames. Im not allowed to.

Child is Like:

"R:\\bla\\1_bla.shp"

and WorkspaceRunner is Like:

ESRI SHAPE Source: windows_path

and my Directory and File Pathnames has:

windows_path:

R:\\bla\\1_bla.shp

R:\\bla\\2_bla.shp

R:\\bla\\3_bla.shp

What are the name of the parameters? Check in the Child the name of the User Parameter for the SHAPE source. Make sure is the same name you have in the WorkspaceRunner of the father for the SHAPE source.

What are the name of the parameters? Check in the Child the name of the User Parameter for the SHAPE source. Make sure is the same name you have in the WorkspaceRunner of the father for the SHAPE source.

I don't quite understand. Can you give me an example and send me screenshots of what and where should be the same?

The Readers Parameter of the Child is:

Shape name: 1_bla

Reader: 1_bla [ESRISHAPE]

and in the WorkspaceRunner i set it to windows_path and the windows_path has the path to 1_bla and the other Shapes

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

I don't quite understand. Can you give me an example and send me screenshots of what and where should be the same?

The Readers Parameter of the Child is:

Shape name: 1_bla

Reader: 1_bla [ESRISHAPE]

and in the WorkspaceRunner i set it to windows_path and the windows_path has the path to 1_bla and the other Shapes

All the SHAPES have the same schema?

Maybe the problem is that you are not using a Dynamic workflow.

All the SHAPES have the same schema?

Maybe the problem is that you are not using a Dynamic workflow.

the shapes were all created by the same process. If I change 1_bla to 2_bla in the Child Workbench the Child Workbench still works.

Edit: Do i need a dynamic reader in the Child workbench? if so how can i do it?

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

the shapes were all created by the same process. If I change 1_bla to 2_bla in the Child Workbench the Child Workbench still works.

Edit: Do i need a dynamic reader in the Child workbench? if so how can i do it?

OK. So I go back to my first thought. I think there could be a problem with the parameters.

When you add the SHAPE in your Child Workspace, a user parameter is generated:

That is the parameter in the WorkspaceRunner that should have the "windows_path" value.

OK. So I go back to my first thought. I think there could be a problem with the parameters.

When you add the SHAPE in your Child Workspace, a user parameter is generated:

That is the parameter in the WorkspaceRunner that should have the "windows_path" value.

I changed the Reader from the Child Workbench from "R:\\bla\\1_bla.shp" to "R:\\bla\\*.shp".

Then in the WorkspaceRunner Parameter a new Line showed up with "Feature Types to Read". I clicked on the 3 dots and selected 1_bla to 8_bla.

Now it works

Edit: First select the Feature Types to Read in the WorkspaceRunner and then Change the shape Source to windows_path in the Workspace Runner otherwise there will be an error