Question

Calling FME workBench from shutdown script

• 28 June 2013
  • 4 replies

Badge
Hi,

I have two workbenches. First one's publish parameter has all feature list, which i need to pass to 2nd workbench's reader. Unfortunately, i cant use workspace runner as i need to call after writers write into database.

I can pass hard coded values but how should i pass parameters?

Thanks,

Subrat

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi,

Did you try to set the wait for job to complete setting to yes on the wsrunner?

Itay
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi Subrat,

I also recommend you to consider firstly the "Wait for Job to Complete" parameter of the WorkspaceRunner as Itay mentioned. A straight answer to the title of your posting is here: Invoking WorkspaceRunner upon completion of FME processing

Takashi
Badge
Hi,

I cannot use workspace runner for following reasons.

1) Finally it will run on FME server and as per transformer specification

"Publishing to FME Server: Publishing a workspace that includes this transformer is not recommended. The transformer will try to start an FME outside of FME Server to run the workspace, and this FME will require an additional license."

2) For Testing, i tried with workspace runner with 'wait for job to complete' setting to yes. But it is calling second workbench for each feature Where as my task is to call when all features of first workbench are completed.

Subrat.
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Did you see the linked article I wrote last time? David described how to launch a workspace via Python script.

Takashi