Question

DGN writing custom linestyle

Hi there,

I'm working on a workbench where I write DGN V8 data. I would want to use a custom linestyle from my seed file but it does not seem to work. What I do is I use an attributeCreator to create the attribute igds_style and I try to assign the custom linestyle value but I don't know what it's supposed to be. From the documentation, it is said that igds_style takes negative integer to represent custom linestyle.

My question would be how to know which number is assigned to my custom linestlye?

Also , do you have an other idea as to how to write my custom linestyle ?

Thanks in advance !

5 replies

Badge +10

It seems to me there should be a better way, but the only way I found was to draw a line with the custom linestyle, read that line in and see what number had been assigned to the feature

It seems to me there should be a better way, but the only way I found was to draw a line with the custom linestyle, read that line in and see what number had been assigned to the feature

How do you read it ?

Because when I draw a custom linestyle and I do 'info' on it, it display the name of the custom line for example : ( Dot ), but it does not show what number is assigned to the custom linestyle.

Badge +10

How do you read it ?

Because when I draw a custom linestyle and I do 'info' on it, it display the name of the custom line for example : ( Dot ), but it does not show what number is assigned to the custom linestyle.

You need to read it into FME, and expose the igds attribute which is stored as the negative integer

You need to read it into FME, and expose the igds attribute which is stored as the negative integer

Oh I see, gonna try next week when I get to work. Thank You for the responses

It works , thank you again