Question

Offsetter - Moving AutoCAD lines, arcs etc

• 16 January 2014
  • 2 replies

Hi,

A bit of background first. I have a lot of .DWGs that need reformatting.

Currently all floors of a building sit ontop of each other but on different layers.

Im looking at moving first, second etc floors so all are visible at the same time.

To do this I am filtering the layers for the ground floor and extracting the bounds of all items. By using an expression evaluator @Value(_xmax) - @Value(_xmin) I am creating the attribute of _Displace.

When I try to offset the AutoCAD lines etc for the first floor by the attribute _Displace it fails the translation with the error.

Offsetter: Offset -- 1st parameter `' is not a floating point number

If I replace the X_Offset value with a figure and not an attribute value it works fine.

Am I missing something?

Any input greatly appreciated.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi,

could it be that your expression yields an empty value for "_Displace" for certain features? That could explain the error.

Insert an inspection point after the ExpressionEvaluator and check the value of "_Displace" on the feature that fails.

David
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi,

As David mentioned, the error message means "_Displace" of an input feature is empty or missing. If you specified "_Displace" to X Offset of the Offsetter, every input feature should have an attribute named "_Displace" which holding valid numeric value.  You calculated the value based on ground floor feature. Then, how did you give the value to line and other features? I guess there is a problem in the process for setting "_Displace" to lines and other features.

Takashi