Question

CSGBuilder rejects data

• 20 February 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello!

I have a problem with CSGBuilder in my workflow. I need to get a 3D-intersection of 2 solids, but geting the message "Processing on a solid has failed. The solid may be too complex, not closed, or not orientable.". The strange thing is that the workflow had worked for several times, and stopped working after parameters changing. Throwback to previous parameters doesn't give an effect.

Maybe there is a way to simplify or fix input solids?

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Can you try the CSGSolidEvaluator transformer and see what happens? I suspect - well, OK the error clearly indicates - something is not right with the geometry, and I think this transformer may help to show us what.

Also try the GeometryValidator transformer. It has a number of tests (like Solid Orientation and Solid Boundaries) that you can use to validate the geometry

Otherwise I can only suggest sending the data to our support team (via support.safe.com) and asking them to take a look at it. We'd probably be able to figure out why this problem occurs if we had the data itself.

Badge

Thank you, Mark!

Geometry Validator showed me that there is a problem with geometry of one of the layers:

Fragment is getting lost while running the python script from this fantastic workflow by @sander

My competence is not enough to understand why this is happening. Maybe there is a way to fix broken solid or to understand why this happens? Or maybe problem is with input tif file? Workflow and 2input geotiffs are attached.

02_t_QIV.tif

19_pr_QIII.tif

3dgeology.fmw

Badge

Hi @unsquirrel,

Not sure what causes this issue, but my first guess is that it's due to rounding. Are you maybe reprojecting the solid afterwards, perhaps?

I will have a look at it, but since I've just become a father (again), it might take a while... Ping me if you haven't heard back from me in 2 weeks or so.

Sander

Badge

Hi @unsquirrel,

Not sure what causes this issue, but my first guess is that it's due to rounding. Are you maybe reprojecting the solid afterwards, perhaps?

I will have a look at it, but since I've just become a father (again), it might take a while... Ping me if you haven't heard back from me in 2 weeks or so.

Sander

Thank you, @sander and, please, accept my congratulations!

And no, I am not reprojecting solid, fragment is missing exactly after running a python script.