Question

writing vector and image to PDF

• 19 January 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge +10

looking to write in pdf file a polygon with a raster image clipped to. they will be 2 views one closer view and second with fare view

Any suggestions

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +14
Hi @boubcher

Here are some resources to get you started:

1. Raster Clipping

2. Creating PDF Cartographic Output

3. [Question] Calculating Scale in PDF

4. [Question] Creating Interactive PDFs with Layer Visibility

-Liz
Badge +10

Thanks for the info,

I manage to create a WS ( staticmap-to-pdf.fmwt), using imageFetcher transformer, the only problem is the PDF is writing only, the image, not the vector

Any thoughts please

Thanks

Badge +3

Actually your geometry is projected above the image raster...very tiny.

You see 2 objects entering the pdf-writer the raster and the geometry.

If you put the geometry in a separate input on the PDF-Formatter, align (using a affiner and the center points) them and give them the same page object size the geometry will be bigger. But not the same size still.

But the map api automatically sets a margin so more work is needed to get them to align exactly.

Badge +10

Thanks

but if we do it as 2 entry to the PDF , we will have a problem to get the right size and location

is there any sugestion on how we could fetch the image then project the vector , then write it to the PDF , this way we could avoid any position issue

Badge +3

somehow you need to extract the projection.

Looks like you fair better using the script examples rather then the imagefetcher.

Got more control over the google map api.

With fme I got as far as this...using the api url. Can set margin to 0, but not height to 100% on the url. (or at least I failed in doing so)