Solved

FME Server submitting job in local network

• 16 August 2019
  • 3 replies

In my company we have installed the FME Server on a server only accessible from inside the intranet (so no internet connection). I want to publish some workspaces to colleagues without the need of signing in, so I built a simple html file with a JavaScript form in it, based on the FME Server playground examples. My goal was to place a html-file accessible for all relevant colleagues, they can open it in their browser and submit a job. Unfortunately it doesn't work because of the CORS policy, which throws an error.

Is there a simple way (maybe another?) for "publishing" workspaces inside a custom environment (like an own HTML file) in local networks without the need of changing the CORS preferences?

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 16 August 2019, 11:36

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

If you have access to the Advanced settings for running workspaces (and you have FME Server 2019) you can access the Share Workspace option, that will generate a token and a url for your colleagues to use and should bypass the signing in. It will be a fairly standard FME Server interface rather than your own HTML one though.

Badge +16

Hi @pascatl,

As mentioned by @redgeographics in FME Server 2019.0 you can use the share workspace option and in 2019.1+ the brand new FME Server Apps.

The FME Server Apps provide you more options to style the front end of the app.

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/94277/fme-server-apps.html

Hope this helps,

Itay

If you have access to the Advanced settings for running workspaces (and you have FME Server 2019) you can access the Share Workspace option, that will generate a token and a url for your colleagues to use and should bypass the signing in. It will be a fairly standard FME Server interface rather than your own HTML one though.

Ok, thank you for your answer, that's for sure the easiest way.

Nevertheless I would be interested in integrating the REST functionalities in environments designed by me and not the preconfigured default functionalities. I thought there must me something as easy as the playground example :(