Question

From which format to a 3D Minecraft City Map

• 1 February 2017
  • 4 replies

I'm a Minecraft user that would like to model my city including some buildings.

Unfortunately I don't know the type of file that include this kind of 3d coordinates and so I'm asking here.

If I'm looking for a dataset that has information about the GPS location of my territory but including also 3d information about the buildings of my city which format I should look for ?

Thanks!

Gavin

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Where are you from? Several countries have open datasets available that could be used but in order to give a more detailed answer we'd have to know where you are located :)

Thank you. I come from Italy and I'm looking to this portal:

http://www502.regione.toscana.it/geoscopio/cartoteca.html

Reading some links on the safe.com website I thought the following formats could be taken into consideration... but I don't know if I need all of them, only one or others..

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

There's a pretty comprehensive article on creating Minecraft worlds from FME here

What you'll need in terms of input is some LIDAR data and orthofoto's or topographic data (the Database Topografico), it looks like that site indeed has what you need.

(on a side note, I love Tuscany!)

There's a pretty comprehensive article on creating Minecraft worlds from FME here

What you'll need in terms of input is some LIDAR data and orthofoto's or topographic data (the Database Topografico), it looks like that site indeed has what you need.

(on a side note, I love Tuscany!)

I'm also interested in this kind of conversion and I'm experiencing some FME configuration issues on the worksheet I'm trying to build even after the reading of that blog post.

I'm going to try again and let you know my difficulties.