Question

Hi everyone i really nned to know more about FME transformer ,Iuse Arc MAp and i want verify my work so I ask about easy way to show error ,thanks

• 28 December 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge

5 replies

Badge +2

Transformers and other details are provided in the link below...

https://support.safe.com/KnowledgeDocumentation

Badge

Hi

when i work with Arc Map what kind of transformers can i use to verify my work

and there is no one can speak french 2017-12-24-15h47-11.png

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hi

when i work with Arc Map what kind of transformers can i use to verify my work

and there is no one can speak french 2017-12-24-15h47-11.png

Could you elaborate on what exactly you'd want to verify? FME has a very wide range of transformers that can be used to build a verification process, but you have to do the work yourself. The first step in any FME process is always "know your data and know what you want to do to it".

Looking at your screenshot, I see some lines, some points and a gap. Do you want to check for those gaps? What you could do is use a CoordinateExtractor and VertexCreator to create points at the start and end of every line, then check if those points match with points in your original dataset (SpatialFilter or Matcher)

(also note that this is the FME User Community, probably not the best place to ask ArcMAP-specific questions)

Badge
Could you elaborate on what exactly you'd want to verify? FME has a very wide range of transformers that can be used to build a verification process, but you have to do the work yourself. The first step in any FME process is always "know your data and know what you want to do to it".

Looking at your screenshot, I see some lines, some points and a gap. Do you want to check for those gaps? What you could do is use a CoordinateExtractor and VertexCreator to create points at the start and end of every line, then check if those points match with points in your original dataset (SpatialFilter or Matcher)

(also note that this is the FME User Community, probably not the best place to ask ArcMAP-specific questions)

I work with network,telecom ,fibre optique ,I know i have to ask an ArcMap expert but they don't answer
Badge

Hi @ferjanibarour

if this helps, please describe your task/problem in French and I am sure there will be experts able to at least read the French description and answer in either French or English. We appreciate everyone's attempts to use English as a working language in the community, but this should not become an obstacle.

Based on the screenshot you shared, I assume you have two tasks:

• finding gaps between lines and
  • matching points with lines.

For gaps, you might want to try LineExtender - LineOnLineOverlayer - TestFilter (to filter out very short segments) - LineCombiner workflow.

To match points with lines, please try NeigborFinder.

If you are used to work with ArcMap tools and would like to find FME tools with similar functionality, please let us know what ArcMap tools you are thinking about.