Question

ECW spatial data: check if it's there and store it in postgis raster

• 27 March 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi,

I'm new to spatial data and ECW files. I've got a ECW file that needs to be inserted into a postgis raster database. All the proper extentions are installed on the database side.

I currently load the file into a RasterTiler and then into a postgis writer. The rastertiler was needed otherwise it would not load the file into the database. I'm not sure when raster size I should use, but it's currently set to 256 by 256.

But when my colleague tries to view the file from the postgis raster database with several different GEO applications, the error always says that spatial data is missing.

So: how to I check if the source file has spatial data? Do I need to change something to the postgis raster writer? Or maybe to the RasterTiler transformer?

Thanks so much! In advance for any help.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @mvdorst,

Likely what is happening is either the Reader isn't detecting the coordinate system of the source ECW file OR the output postgis writer doesn't recognise the projection set by FME. I would assume the former.

The best way to confirm is to read one of your ECW images in with the Data Inspector. Once it's in there take not of the coordinate system information in the Feature Information window. Here's some more info on Coordinate systems and FME: https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/585/using-coordinate-systems-within-fme.html