Solved

System Caller Special characters on FME Server

• 8 August 2019
  • 3 replies

I have I directory watch on FME Server that triggers a workspace to move a file that inserts into the directory watch-folder, to the FME-server with a SystemCaller transformer.

It works fine when using a file that dosen´t cointain any special characters, however when I have a file with å, ä or ö the SystemCaller fails according to the log-file. In the log file, a file that spells "åäö.pdf" have the name "åäö.pdf" in the log file.

However the path to the file also contain å, ä and ö, but spells correctly in the logfile.

I´ve tried and wright the filename-attribute that generates from the JSONFlattener to a txt-file from the same workspace, and it also spells correctly.

I´ve tried to add "@echo off && chcp 1252 &&" infront och the copy-command in the SystemCaller, but it dosen´t seem to work for the filename.

So what must be the problem is that when the SystemCaller runs on FME Server and try to find "åäö.pdf" it can´t find it. Somehow something gets wrong with the formatting of the filename.

Does anyone have any idea what I´ve could´ve missed? Or what I can do to get this to work?

icon

Best answer by lauraatsafe 9 August 2019, 20:29

View original

3 replies

Should add that I run a FME Server 2017.1.2.1

Badge +9

Hi @eetmyhouse,

Thanks for reporting this one! I've been able to replicate the problem in both FME Server 2017.1.2 and FME Server 2019.1. It looks like the issue is that the directory watcher isn't setting the path name correctly when there are special characters present. I'm seeing this problem with just regular Readers within a workspace as well, so it doesn't look like it's a SystemCaller specific issue, but rather a problem with what the directory watcher is passing into the workspace.

I've reported this internally as issue number FMESERVER-13338 for us to investigate further. I'll post an update here once we have more information. Sorry for the trouble with this!

Hi @eetmyhouse,

Thanks for reporting this one! I've been able to replicate the problem in both FME Server 2017.1.2 and FME Server 2019.1. It looks like the issue is that the directory watcher isn't setting the path name correctly when there are special characters present. I'm seeing this problem with just regular Readers within a workspace as well, so it doesn't look like it's a SystemCaller specific issue, but rather a problem with what the directory watcher is passing into the workspace.

I've reported this internally as issue number FMESERVER-13338 for us to investigate further. I'll post an update here once we have more information. Sorry for the trouble with this!

Thank you Laura, that sounds very reasonable. At least I know it´s something I can´t fix myself. I´ll wait for the new patch when the issue is fixed and then update my server. Thanks again.