Solved

Workspace Runner not Writing to Excel

• 10 July 2019
  • 2 replies

I have a parent bench that uses a workspace runner to run a child workbench several times using different source shapefiles. The parent and child workbench's run with no errors but when I check the file directory the child bench has not written anything!

This is reflected in the child workbench log which states that the expected number of features have been read but non have been written.

Does anyone know why this is happening? The child bench runs fine and writes as expected when run manually.

icon

Best answer by earl359 12 July 2019, 12:32

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

@earl359 if you can, can you include a minimum working example so that reproduces the issue so contributors can try and help. The most likely cause is a bad parameter being passed form the parent to child workspace.

@markatsafe you were right! The shapefile reader in my workbench wasn't set to read different feature types and so didn't read-in anything after the first shapefile. I just had to tick 'merge feature type' in the reader parameters and it worked fine. I hadn't come across this issue before as normally I would just change the reader source file manually.