Question

Can you regain your unsaved FME work, if your workbench stopped responding and crashed?

• 28 February 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hey all,

My FME workbench stopped working and then crashed. Is there a way to recover my unsaved work?

Thanks,

David

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @david_prosack88 Is there no *.fmw.recover file in the same directory as your workspace which crashed?

Userlevel 4

If you saved your workspace before it crashed, FME will automatically create a recovery backup of your workspace every 5 minutes.

If you reopen your workspace file and FME finds a recovery backup, you should get a message asking you if you want to restore the workspace according to the recovery file.

I had a similar issue where a recovery file was created in the same directory as my workspace but when I attempted to open the workspace, nothing happened. I tried another suggestion which is to check the temp folder (eg. C:\\Users\\....\\AppData\\Local\\Temp) but that yielded no result either. However, I just want to share that Kailin from Safe offered me a solution that worked - which is to make a copy of the workspace and paste it in a different directory, then try reopening.