Question

FeatureReader DWG - FME Desktop 2014/2017

• 10 January 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi everyone,

Here is my problem. I upgraded my FME Desktop from the 2014 version to the 2017.1 and I have an issue regarding a specific workbench.

I use the FeatureReader transformer to read DWG files, and it works fine in FME 2014, but it doesn't in FME 2017.1. The execution is sucessfull but it seems that it reads only partially my DWG files (the output is not right), I have this error in the log :

AutoCAD Reader: An error occurred for dataset '\\\\XXXXXX\\data_BD_Topo\\Topo\\1024500-6281500.DWG', in function AutoCAD2004Reader::read. Exception thrown: 'Invalid input' (Invalid input)

MULTI_READER(R_2): Skipping to next Reader

I've tried to set a new FeatureReader from scratch, but I have the same problem...

Any ideas ??

Thank you in advance,

Fabien Laganne

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Can you open the file in the FME 2017 Data Inspector? If you're getting the same error it might be something in the file that's causing problems with the new reader. In that case I'd recommend sending it in to Safe's support.

Badge

If I see this correctly, you are using the AutoCAD reader version 2014 within your workbench 2017.1?

What if you use the latest version of the AutoCAD reader?
Badge

I think I found the issue. In the FeatureReader transformer, when I enable the "store layer propertie on feature" option in the reader parameters (DWG), I have the problem. If I disable this option it works fine.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

I think I found the issue. In the FeatureReader transformer, when I enable the "store layer propertie on feature" option in the reader parameters (DWG), I have the problem. If I disable this option it works fine.

Hi @flaganne, thanks for sharing your findings! Are you able to share one of the dwg files you're using where you're seeing this error? Id like to pass it along to the devs to take a look at. This shouldn't be happening. I'm wondering if it relates to the version of CAD file. It would be very helpful to us.

Badge

@MattAtSafe

Here is the DWG file : 1018000-6280000.dwg