Question

LineJoiner outputs more lies than it has to

• 11 September 2015
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

My situation contains two phases. First one is inserting lines into SQL Server as WKB from GML dataset. Because these lines are polylines on GML, I chop them to make single sigments keeping original attributes. Now, In second phase, I need to return these lines back to GML from SQL Server. From 15418 input lines, I get 50910 to be inserted into table. By using LineJoiner and grouping by all attributes, I want to get 15418 lines for writing into GML. Insted of that number, I'm getting 15555. What is going on here?

Is there some other way to make such line for GML Writer instead of using LineJoiner?

Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi,

The exact reason cannot be found unless seeing the actual data, but such a situation could occur if there were aggregate lines like this in the original GML dataset.

The LineJoiner connects consecutively adjoining line segments into a single polyline, but it will not aggregate such branch ing lines.

You can apply the AggregateFilter to the original GML lines to confirm whether there is such a situation.

Takashi
Hi Takashi,

Is there a way to contact you in private? I'm not permitted to share these datasets here. I figured out what is going on, but cann't make it work. Thank you in advance.
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
OK, upload the datasets by Dropbox or Google Drive, and send me its link URL.

You can find my mail address here.

FME Memorandum (http://fme-memorandum-takashi.blogspot.com/)
I did it, it works now. No need for disturbing you. Thanks a lot anyway!