Question

Call @Http Function with Function Caller?

• 7 November 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi,

I wonder how can I call @Http function with the FunctionCaller transformer?

The reason is that HTTPCaller does not support specifying proxy server directly, but the @Http function seems like it supports custom proxy setting.

Thanks,

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Have you tried setting the proxy in Tools > FME Options? I'm about 75% certain the HTTPCaller would pick up that info and use it.

Badge

Have you tried setting the proxy in Tools > FME Options? I'm about 75% certain the HTTPCaller would pick up that info and use it.

@Mark2AtSate Yes, it will work. However, suppose we have DMZ environment, where only certain workspace/transformer is allowed to access proxy. There is such setting in FTPCaller as FTP Proxy, why not add per-HTTPCaller proxy setting? I am about 100% certain that underlying curl library supports it.

Userlevel 4

Hi Mark, I can confirm that the proxy settings in FME Options is used, but unfortunately there still exists some proxy settings that aren't supported by the HTTPCaller, notably domain exceptions with wildcards.

I have to rewrite HTTPCaller functionality in Python to work around those specific cases. Fortunately they're relatively unusual.