Question

Anyone having problems deleting and inserting records into AGOL?

• 11 September 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge

I am still getting the error code from the server was '1000' and the message was: 'String or binary data would be truncated, when I try to delete or insert records into AGOL from my Writer. My Reader, Writer and AGOL field sizes all match. I have not changed the data type for any of the values. I am truncating to the field sizes. Not sure how to debug what is erroring off during the write to AGOL.

3 replies

Badge
I logged a support ticket with Safe C139395.

Badge
Attached is my log files, cache files, workspace, etc.

Badge

I was able to eliminate “The error code from the server was '1000' and the message was: 'String or binary data would be truncated” errors writing to the AGOL feature layer by modifying my “DateTimeConverters” and “TestFilters” in my workspace. My AGOL Writer is no longer failing and is doing updates, deletes and inserts correctly. I’m thinking I was duplicating records with the same “Id” and FME was getting confused when comparing to existing AGOL feature layer from the reader before writing to the same AGOL feature layer. It was primarily affecting “inserts”. Attached is a copy of my workspace. Hopefully it will help someone else.