Question

Microstation V7 DGNs --> Clipper --> Microstation DGNs (wrong resulting colour)

• 27 February 2016
  • 2 replies

Good day, everyone!

I'm fairly new to FME (a couple of weeks of usage). I'm currently using FME 2015.1.

Right now, I have a number of source Microstation V7 DGNs (from 2 different folders, which are being fed into a couple of DGN readers) that I'm feeding into a Clipper to clip them up into portions. I'm able to get the results (with a lot of help from a colleague). The issue I'm seeing so far:

- Original DGNs, when the mouse hover over a, say, line, it says "Complex Chain \\ Line String" then "Level: 01_DUCT." But the resulting DGNs, the "Level" just says "60." I guess the "60" string is coming from the reader's Level Name field:

- Original lines are DARK BLUE in colour, but resulting lines have some sort of a LIGHT PURPLE in colour.

- Original arrow heads (for showing dimensions, I guess) are solid DARK BLUE. Whereas the resulting arrow heads are hollow.

I have exposed the followings:

- igds_glass

- igds_color

- igds_graphic_group

- igds_style

- igds_weight

- igds_level

- igds_level_name (I was hoping this would bring over the "Level: 01_DUCT" name, but it didn't).

Please kindly advise.

Thank you very much!

2 replies

Badge

Hi @tp

I wonder what format your clippers are read from. Are they stored and read from DGN as well as the clippees? If yes, please check Merge Attributes parameters in Clipper - it is possible that you get clipper attributes overwriting clippee attributes and as a result the output features get level/color/etc. from clippers.

If you share your workspace, it will be easier to diagnose the problem.

Hello, Lena!

Thank you for your response!

Apparently we don't need to bring the level names over from the source DGN files. In terms of level numbers, we are forcing each set of DGNs into its own level, with each level containing both the LINES and DIMENSIONS.

As for the colour, we are getting the colour from the seed file, which has the colour table attached. So, the colour is all good now (different from the original DGN files).

The above 2 items are accomplished by "feeding" the Microstation reader into 2 AttributeValueMapper transformers (1 for igds_level and the other for igds_color) and setting the values as desired.

I'm now running into another issue that I hope you can give me some ideas of what to look for.

Original set of DGNs: for example, there is a dimension with 2 arrows and a value of, say, 8.15, grouped together.

After clipping: the above arrows and 8.15 are broken up into pieces, with 8.15 value becomes "8.14243"

Hmm... looking at an example from the 2nd set of DGNs, the original dimension is already broken up into pieces (i.e. arrow head, arrow line, text of 12.5m). The result of this 2nd set comes out okay. With that said, do I need to run the 1st set of DGNs into some sort of transformer to break up the dimensions before running it through the CLIPPER?

Thank you kindly!