Solved

FME Server 2017.1.1.1 Dashboard being emptied by itself

• 18 January 2018
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

I have a strange issue where Dashboard seems to run (ran it manually) and within a couple of seconds, it is empty. Needless to say, no history is available, either....

Cleanup is running things with a longevity of 1 week, so I assume that cannot be the issue....

Anybody experienced this before ? This worked fine before in 2017.1.1

icon

Best answer by jlutherthomas 18 January 2018, 23:22

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi @michaeljb

I'm assuming that because you were able to see the dashboards, even for a short while, that those jobs are running successfully.

If the dashboard html and csv files are being removed from those folders, it is most likely the cleanup tasks that may be triggered to do a more aggressive cleanup if your system is low on space. Do you know how much free space your FME Server has?

You can also check the fmecleanup.log file, found under Resources > Logs > Service > Current > fmecleanup.log and check what it's up to.

If it looks like it might be the cleanup, you can disable the cleanup tasks for dashboards and see if they persist then. If that's the case, you may want to look at freeing up some more space on your machine! You can find all the cleanup tasks and configurations in the navigation panel, under Admin.

Badge

Hi Jen! As it turns out, we "only" had around 3 GB room left on drive C:. Since the datasets that run through the server can be quite large, I guess that ran them right down to next to nothing for space.

Fortunately, we run everything via virtualization, so enlarging the drive wasn't an issue, and voilà! the problem disappeared, and the logs are showing up and stay.

Thanks for all the help with this issue!