Question

update ArcSDE Geodatabase Attributes Only

• 4 November 2015
  • 2 replies

hi,I have FME 2015.1 Desktop, I try to update attributes of some geodatabse feature class, (only attributes not the geometry) However FME updates is Very slow, may be 1 record in 2 or 3 seconds. I made a Non Spatial connection to the same geodatabase then the whole update process finished in few seconds. Please let me know what can I do to improve the speed using the ArcSDE connection because I want the version editing and not non spatial connection. Please note that my geodatabase has geometric network in it and it is ArcFM geodatabase. Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hello, I would suggest making sure the update key field has an attribute index on it. This can significantly improve performance. Also please have a look at our "Improving Performance when working with ESRI Geodatabas's" article for more ideas. In particular make sure you turn off validate features to write on the writer : https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/165/improving-...

Badge

Hello,

I think my question could go in that topic : I can't find a way to update SDE versionned database attributes ONLY with SDE writer. Is there any option to uncheck ?

Cheers,

Nicolas