Solved

Log File Creation

• 2 December 2013
  • 3 replies

Badge
Hi

I am having trouble creating a log file after each fme process. I have a simple windows bat file that loops through a folder of gml.gz files and no log file is being created. It is definitely set in the project file to create log files.

Everthing translates successfully - just no log file.

SCRIPT:

:: Run the FME Project for %%f in (%1\\*.gz ) do ( fme %project% --SourceDataset "%%f" --DestDataset "%1\\%%~nf.dwg" --LOG_FILE "C:\\log\\%%~nf.log" )

I am taking the example from here: http://fmepedia.safe.com/articles/How_To/Batch-Processing-Method-1-Command-Line-or-Batch-File

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

icon

Best answer by peter_laulund 2 December 2013, 18:18

View original

3 replies

Replace the --LOG_FILE with -LOG_FILENAME (note just one -), and I think it will work

Peter
Badge
Hi Peter

Thanks - that did the trick - doesn't explain why the example on the "How-To-Batch-Process" page has different syntax though.

I guess it may be out of date and need updating.

Thanks again!

Mike

Hi Mike

The example at the fmepedia is based on that you have an MACRO / Published parameter with the name LOG_FILE in you worksapce, and that you have assigned this MACRO to the ‘Log file’ in Workspace parameters. This is why you use two - in front of the name.    

The syntax I gave you let you to assign a value directly to a mapping file directive – in our case LOG_FILENMAE – this is why we just have one – in front of the name.   

This is pretty low level FME, but I hope you se the difference

Peter