Question

Attribute output settings won't stick

• 5 March 2014
  • 2 replies

Badge
Well, this is weird.  Ever since I upgraded to 2014, I have some transformers in my workbench where the attribute output settings won't stay.  I fix my links to the output feature class, I save it, run it, looks fine.  Next day I go in and it's broken again.  Some things come unhooked altgoether, and a couple of things switch to a completely different attribute output.  Anybody else seen this?  The only way around this seems to be to add in an Attribute Renamer for each one so that the field names match, but that seems like a lot of extra work.  I'm stumped.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi,

Cant say that I have that happening to me, but sometimes definitions are not removed from a workspace after deleting or changing a transformer, usually starting a blank ws and copying the contents into it help. If it doesn't i would send it to safe to have a look at it.

Hope this helps.
Badge +3
This also can happen in fme 2013. AS it recenlty (1-2 weeks ago) did to me in a statisticsgenerating big bench.

A change in outputschema names was asked and i was too lazy to use renamer on a large output fan.

So i just manualy redirected the couple changed output names...fme punished me by moving the connections whenever i made a change in the "stream" leading to it.....

That workspace is still very edgy...eheheh.

Best would be to make a blank restart, like Itay suggested.

When output schema is not matched automaticaly..this is the reward. ;)

Gio