Question

RasterMosaicker - Parameters for better merging?

• 5 April 2018
  • 1 reply

Hey guys!

I'm having trouble with the RasterMosaicker not merging images very well. It's obvious to tell where the imagery is being mosaicked (please see attached image). Is there any way of getting rid of this? I was thinking (from previous remote sensing knowledge) that I could manually stretch the images to have them looking the same and then mosaic them, but I am unsure of how to complete this in FME.

Help please!

Sam

1 reply

Badge +22

There is no attached image, but I'll take a guess.

A. Your images are not using the full range of the interpretation type, and one image is appearing darker than the other. You can perform a basic linear min-max stretch by using the Raster(Band)InterpretationCoercer and scaling by data values prior to mosaiking. Alternately there is a custom transformer on the FME hub called RGBGammaCorrector which can adjust the gamma of the images.

B. You can mosaic the images using alpha compositing as per the article at https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/1219/alpha-compositing-blending-two-raster-images.html

C. You can take the average value of the overlapping areas by setting Overlapping Values to average in the rasterMosaicker.