Question

Direction Change

• 9 July 2013
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I need to change the direction of linear element any diection into clockwise direction.I used orientor transformer,it change the direction of shape only line,linestrings directions are not chaged. any other option is there to change the directon of linestrings.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi Bino,

I think the Orientor can change the direction of a linestring with "REVERSE" option. I'm not sure what is the clockwise direction if the geometry is not polygonal...

Takashi
Hi Takashi,

Thanks for your sugession.I tried the REVERSE option,what is the problem is Clockwise lines goes to Anti clockwise dirction..That is problem.

Bino
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
In general, the definition of clockwise / counter-clockwise is for polygonal geometries. I don't think there is a general definition of the direction (cw or ccw) for linear geometries.

What is the definition of the clockwise-lines in your case?

Unless it becomes clear, nobody can find a solution.   Takashi
Badge +3

If u use orientor on a (poly)liine with optioon reverse it does change the order of vertices.

a linepiece (2vertices) with angle 225 becomes angle 45 (180 +45) Effectively the centerpoint of rotation is flipped, clockwise+>counterclockwise

Seems to me it works as u wish

U can try it out on a line using Azimuthcalulator before and after orient and then labelpointreplacer to show it inspector.