Question

Using HTTPCaller and ArcGIS REST Services export function to extract static map image

• 13 November 2018
  • 2 replies

I am trying to generate a report to include a static image of GIS data that one would see on an AGOL webmap\\app. It seems like this should be able to be done using the HTTPCaller transformer and having it GET the image from a URL that leads it to the ArcGIS REST Services - Export page. I can go to this page and manually enter in the bounding box parameters, map scale, and format and get the image that I want. But when I put this URL in to the HTTPCaller or the ImageFetcher, I get no image returned.

Can anyone provide an answer as to why I am not seeing anything returned or has gone through this process and can share how they completed this task?

Can I enter in these query parameters with the URL or do I have to enter them in through the 'Query String Parameters'? *Couldn't get that to work either*

I am fairly new to FME so my issues are most likely a lack of knowledge.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

@covgis can you share a bit more information? The attachment is not working, so maybe re-upload?

Is the data in AGOL open? If behind login you might need to authenticate. (Like generate a token and include this in the request.) What kind of response do you get from the HTTPCaller? A good starting point is to try and replicate the request in PostMan or something similar and if you got that to work to bring the settings to the HTTPCaller.
Badge +2

@covgis Does the article Writing Images to Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets help, if you haven't already found it? It uses ImageFetcher to get the image from a web service, and also illustrates how to place an image in Excel.