Question

3.dimension lost with GeometryReplacer

Badge +6
  • Contributor
  • 53 replies

I have features with a structure with 3 geometries, point, line and area. I need to reproject the geometry, so I use the geometryreplacer to get each of the geometries, reproject them and put them back in the structure with an geometryextractor.

Somehow the 3rd dimension is lost after using the geometryreplacer. The geometries I get are only 2d (>inspector). As GeometryEncoding I use HexEncoded OGC Well Known binary.

How can I get the 3rd dimension back?

Thanks, Vera

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Possibly you have set 1.1 to the OGC Version parameter in the GeometryExtractor. OGC Version 1.1 doesn't support z-coordinate. Make sure that the parameter is set to 1.2.

Alternatively, you can choose FME Binary as geometry encoding if you don't have any specific reason for using Hex Encoded OGC Well Known Binary.

"The most efficient and truest representation of the geometry is FME Binary, and this should be used in most cases." -- Help on the GeometryExtractor

Badge +6

thanks, Takashi.

I found out that the 3rd dimension wasn't lost in the geometryExtractor, but I haven't found out yet, at what other point ...