Solved

FME Server: FeatureWriter transformer role in data download service

• 18 April 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I have published workspace from FME Desktop to FME Server. Inside this workspace, there is one reader (DGN V7) and one writer (TXT). But finally, there are 2 writers, because I use even FeatureWriter transformer for exporting data to SQLite. Unfortunately, if I run WS through FME server job and data download service, I can see only TXT file in final ZIP file. So I have question - is there any possibility to compose exported file through FeatureWriter transformer into final ZIP file?

Thank You so much!

Lubo

icon

Best answer by jlutherthomas 18 April 2018, 22:02

View original

4 replies

Badge +2

Hi @lazarlubomir

At the moment only traditional writers are included in the data download service but we are looking at adding feature writer support either in 18.1 or 2019 FME Server.

Badge +1

Hi @lazarlubomir

At the moment only traditional writers are included in the data download service but we are looking at adding feature writer support either in 18.1 or 2019 FME Server.

@jlutherthomas Thank You, I can´t wait :-)

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @lazarlubomir, a workaround I can think of is, write the destination dataset into a temporary file with the FeatureWriter, move it by a File Copy writer connected to the Summary port of the FeatureWriter, and include the File Copy writer in the download when you publish the workspace to the FME Server. The TempPathnameCreator can be used to create a temporary file path at run time.

Badge +1

Hi @lazarlubomir, a workaround I can think of is, write the destination dataset into a temporary file with the FeatureWriter, move it by a File Copy writer connected to the Summary port of the FeatureWriter, and include the File Copy writer in the download when you publish the workspace to the FME Server. The TempPathnameCreator can be used to create a temporary file path at run time.

@takashi Yes, it a possible way way, how to export file via this transformer to data download. Thank You so much!