Question

Capture Translation Log

• 28 June 2016
  • 2 replies

I want to append some of the output of the Translation log to a text file every time the workspace runs (mainly session duration, whether the translation was successful or not, and any error messages). How can I do this?

2 replies

Badge +5

Have a look at the LogMessageStreamer transformer. There are some limitations about what it will capture, but it should grab the end of the log file. Then you can write that to a text file.

Also check out the documentation for Python shutdown scripts.You have access to variables that record cpu time, failure messages, process ID, etc, etc. The downside here is that FME has closed at that point, so you would have to use Python to write the data (or use Python to call a second FME workspace that writes the data).

Have a look at the LogMessageStreamer transformer. There are some limitations about what it will capture, but it should grab the end of the log file. Then you can write that to a text file.

Also check out the documentation for Python shutdown scripts.You have access to variables that record cpu time, failure messages, process ID, etc, etc. The downside here is that FME has closed at that point, so you would have to use Python to write the data (or use Python to call a second FME workspace that writes the data).

Thanks @mark2catsafe I have looked at both of these options. The LogMessageStreamer gave some information but not the runtime and status information I needed.

I eventually got what I needed by setting a log file location under Workspace Parameters, and selecting "Append to log file" within FME Options.