Question

Finding the largest value through multiple attributes

Badge

Hi there,

I'm stuck with something which is seemingly simple yet I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get there.

My data looks like this:

COLORABCRED1007658GREEN254678BLUE335912YELLOW895322

I need to find the largest value across A, B, and C. In other words, the output (MAX field) needs to be like this:

COLORABCMAXRED1007658100GREEN25467878BLUE33591259YELLOW89532289

I tried the AttributeCreator @max(@Value(A),@Value(B),@Value(C)) function as explained in this thread: https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/50116/max-value-of-two-attribute-of-a-feature.html

But my output "MAX" field still contains plenty of numbers which are certainly not the biggest of the lot, so I'm clearly doing something wrong.

I also tried the StatisticsCalculator, but when I select multiple attributes to analyse, it generates a "max" field for each attribute independently (ie. A_max, B_max, etc.) instead of giving me a general "max" as I desire.

Thanks in advance for any insight,

2 replies

Badge

I actually just discovered the answer myself, but I'll post here in case anyone else has the same issue :)

I simply used the Renamed A, B, and C, to MatchA, MatchB, and MatchC. I then used a Listpopulator that identifies attributes with the Prefix "Match", this listing all three my attributes. The I simply used a ListRangeExtractor, and the "Max" attribute there seems to work like a charm!

Cheers,

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @robbie_botha,  the @max function should work as expected. Check carefully again.

@max(@Value(A),@Value(B),@Value(C))

If the expression was correct, but it would still return wrong result, please contact Safe support to investigate what's happening in your case.