Question

FME Server using SQLExecutor and PythonCaller

• 12 September 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi FME User!

I have a workbench that goes very well on desktop but not on server.

We are using FME 2017 (build 17722).

The workbench make a query on a SQL database to find some table name and type (it's SDE).

Then, I do another query on the same SQL database to check if there is any SDE Lock on the tables I got from the previous query.

If I find an SDE Lock, the script stop. If there is no SDE Lock, then I use PythonCaller to delete or truncate or rename those table. To do that I use arcpy (the table are SDE feature Classes).

As I said, on desktop, it's clean and perfect! But on server... no error message, just a FAILURE without explanation within the log file.

If I disable the SQL Executor, FME Server do the job as my desktop.

But as soon as I enable the SQL executor... it fails!

I know i can make all this in python... but it was working in FME Server 2014... but no more in FME Server 2017...

Any idea?

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Have you uploaded (or created) the database connection on FME Server.

You can check this in the Connections menu.

If the database connection is not available the SQLExecutor can not connect to the database.

Userlevel 4

Have you specified a custom Python interpreter on FME Desktop? If yes, have you done the same thing on FME Server? Do you have the same ArcGIS version on the desktop and the server?

Badge +1

Have you specified a custom Python interpreter on FME Desktop? If yes, have you done the same thing on FME Server? Do you have the same ArcGIS version on the desktop and the server?

On FME Server we have ArcGIS Server installed.

Yes I have created the connexion on FME Server.

Do you know how or where to change the python interpreter on SERVER?

But anyway... the python works without SQL executor...

Its the combination of SQLExecutor and PythonCaller that fail!