Question

Floating license usage log

• 18 September 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge

We have 2 floating licenses FME desktop in use. During the night we run workbenches on two servers. Normaly no problem but now we get licensing errors. Is it possible to show a logging file of the license usage during a certain period?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

You can use the lmstat command to check the usage, see the Monitoring Floating License Usage article in the FME Documentation. That article refers to a page on Flexera's website which is missing and I can't seem to find an (openly accessible) set of documentation there. @NatalieAtSafe, could you have somebody from support look into that?

Badge

Hi, thanks for your answer. I know the lmstat command and found the 'missing article' on the site of Flexera. But we need a logging file of the usage of the Licenses during the night and I do'nt see how to achieve this with lmutil.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

If you look in the flexserver folder isn't there a log file? eg I have one (safe.log) that says things like:

2:24:01 (lmgrd) TIMESTAMP 9/17/2018 
2:29:06 (safe) TIMESTAMP 9/17/2018 
8:00:01 (safe) TCP_NODELAY NOT enabled 
8:00:01 (safe) OUT: "FME" imark@vash   
8:00:01 (safe) OUT: "smallworld" imark@vash  

Badge

Thanks @Mark2AtSafe,

Personally I do n0t have access to the license server en the IT guys thought the log file to be empty or only one day was logged. But I did receive a useful log file now.