Solved

Conda-interpreter in FME Server Cloud

I would like to use ArcGIS API for Python in an workspace running in FME Server Cloud. For that I need to use the Conda-interpreter. Is it possible to use Conda in Cloud, if so what are the steps to achieve this?

icon

Best answer by gerhardatsafe 10 April 2020, 00:14

View original

3 replies

Badge

Hi @erikb,

This is currently not possible on FME Cloud, because the user does not have administrative access to the underlying OS. So users can't install any 3rd party libraries on FME Cloud. They can only interact with the instance via the FME Server UI.

If you can share more details about your use case we can look into potential options or workarounds for this. I doubt that we would be allowed to add the ArcGIS API for Python programmatically to FME Cloud instances but I am not sure.

But I would be very curious about the scenario and would be to look into this in more detail.

Hi @erikb,

This is currently not possible on FME Cloud, because the user does not have administrative access to the underlying OS. So users can't install any 3rd party libraries on FME Cloud. They can only interact with the instance via the FME Server UI.

If you can share more details about your use case we can look into potential options or workarounds for this. I doubt that we would be allowed to add the ArcGIS API for Python programmatically to FME Cloud instances but I am not sure.

But I would be very curious about the scenario and would be to look into this in more detail.

Thanks for your answer! The scenario is that I need to download a Excel-file from a FTP, make some adjustments and then update an item on ArcGIS Online (AGOL). The AGOL-writer will not work since it's not a feature service, but instead an item in AGOL. If a writer that interacts with items in AGOL, and not only feature services, would exist my problem could be solved. For now I found a workaround using the HttpCaller making a POST-request to update the AGOL-item.

Badge

Thanks for your answer! The scenario is that I need to download a Excel-file from a FTP, make some adjustments and then update an item on ArcGIS Online (AGOL). The AGOL-writer will not work since it's not a feature service, but instead an item in AGOL. If a writer that interacts with items in AGOL, and not only feature services, would exist my problem could be solved. For now I found a workaround using the HttpCaller making a POST-request to update the AGOL-item.

Thanks for sharing! I think there is an AGOLConnector transformer in the making right now, that might do exactly what you are trying to do with the ArcGIS API for Python (it might even use this API under the hood).

I reached out to the developers currently involved with this project and will let you know once this is available!