Solved

Export multiple "Line Dash Arrays" with PDFStyler

• 22 March 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have a dwg-file with multiple linetypes (dashed, dash-dot, solid).

The Option in PDFStyler allows me to define only one "array" or use a parameter.

Is it possible to write multiple "Line Dash Arrays", or ca i put only one in a pdf?

Who can help me?

icon

Best answer by pratap 22 March 2016, 11:54

View original

5 replies

Badge +2

If I understand your question you are referring to Line Dash Array in PDF styler.

Divide the lines based on autocad_linetype using testfilter and add PDF styler as required

Badge

The different styles I have already filtered.

You mean that I add one PDF styler for each linetype I use.

Okay I think I will try and report the results here.

Badge

Thank you very much. It works fine.

My mistake was I could define it by attributes with only one styler.

But I think the PDF styler must be upgraded to do things so. It would be the better way in my opinion.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Thank you very much. It works fine.

My mistake was I could define it by attributes with only one styler.

But I think the PDF styler must be upgraded to do things so. It would be the better way in my opinion.

Hi @silvo, the "Line Dash Array" specified in the PDFStyler will be translated internally to "pdf_line_dash_pattern{}" list (a format attribute for PDF), and the PDF writer will set the pattern to the destination feature based on the list. Therefore, you can also specify dash patterns for each feature by creating the list attribute directly, without using PDFStylers

For example, create an attribute storing comma separated dash pattern with an AttributeCreator using conditional value setting for each feature, then translate the csv pattern to "pdf_line_dash_pattern{}" list with an AttributeSplitter.

Nevertheless, I agree that it would be better that the user could specify different dash patterns for each feature with a single PDFStyler, via a simple interface like the conditional value setting.

Badge +9

this feature is not working in 2021