Question

Group by in a Custom transformer with Spatial Filter

• 13 February 2018
  • 2 replies

I have created a linked custom transformer with a loop and a spatial filter. In this transformer I check if a line feature intersects with an area, but only if they belongs to the same group. So I thought I had to use the Group By parameter in the spatial filter.

The problem is that my custom transformer does not work with the Group By parameter. I mean, if I do not define a Group By some lines pass the test (but not belongs to the same group) but if a define the Group no line passes.

This is my first custom transformer, so, any suggestions would be appreciate

Thanks in advance

Víctor

2 replies

Badge +3

Should work.

Are you sure the groups are well defined and the relevant attribute propagated?

Also it is a blocking, so all the inputs are collected prior to filtering.

Maybe you want to iterate trough the groups (custom) and then feed the custom to filter them. (custom within a custom)

For instance If a line crosses trough more then 1 group ad intersects polygons in more than one of these groups, it will only get used once. Meaning that cloning the line or chopping it up is required..

Should work.

Are you sure the groups are well defined and the relevant attribute propagated?

Also it is a blocking, so all the inputs are collected prior to filtering.

Maybe you want to iterate trough the groups (custom) and then feed the custom to filter them. (custom within a custom)

For instance If a line crosses trough more then 1 group ad intersects polygons in more than one of these groups, it will only get used once. Meaning that cloning the line or chopping it up is required..

I found my mistake. I had a FeatureHolder just before the SpatialFilter and this was the problem. A newbie error...

Thanks a lot for the answer!