Question

ChangeDetector handling with non geometry Attributes

Badge

Hello

I have two datasources: one is sde featureclass with status quo data, the other is a WFS-Service, which supplies more current data. This data I compare with Changedetector on their geometries and could change this succesfully (-> the geometry) . But now I have the problem, that both dataset have a totally different nongeometry attributes. I don't need the nongeometry from the WFS. But after the delete and/or insert process of the ChangeDetector i lost the old nongeometry attribute information from data, which for example in the new StatusQuo a geometry is now split to two geometries.

Has someone a workaround for a solution for this trouble?

Sorry for my english, but I hope you understand my problem

Thanks

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @jeppenbe,

I guess that you are attempting to identify an inserted feature which is approximately spatially equal to a deleted feature, and transfer attributes from the deleted feature to the corresponding inserted feature. If so, some transformers that can detect spatial relations among features might help you. Such as SpatialRelator, SpatiaFilter, NeighborFinder, and so on.

If you could post sample datasets (original and revised) saved with FFS format, it would help us to think of a concrete solution.

Badge +2

@jeppenbe - as @takashi mentions - a small sample dataset would help. But try reversing the connectors to the Original / Revised ports. For updated features, the attributes form the Revised port is preserved on the ChangeDetector.

Badge

Hi @jeppenbe,

I guess that you are attempting to identify an inserted feature which is approximately spatially equal to a deleted feature, and transfer attributes from the deleted feature to the corresponding inserted feature. If so, some transformers that can detect spatial relations among features might help you. Such as SpatialRelator, SpatiaFilter, NeighborFinder, and so on.

If you could post sample datasets (original and revised) saved with FFS format, it would help us to think of a concrete solution.

Hi, sorry for my late answer. Thanks for your suggestion. I think I have now an idea for further process. I will write the data, which are deleted, write into a temporary file and after the ChangeDetector is finished, make the process to fix it with this data.

May be someone has a better idea, which I could prefer

Badge

I'm alway in trouble with this problem, may be it is more

understandable with some screenshots:

First my workbench: Two sources with WFS and SDE Featureclass, Transformer "Changedetector" and the writer class which is the same like the sde reader:

Then the following the results, which is from the Writer SDE Featureclass BAUMA_FEU_OWNER.FEU_PARZELLE_TEST. In the following example one "old" geometrie is split new in two "new" geometries.

First pictures show the old geometrie:

the next two shows the two "new" geometries:

The empty red marked fields should get the values from the "old" geometrie. And finally the old geometrie should be deleted....

I hope that my problem now clearer is

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

I'm alway in trouble with this problem, may be it is more

understandable with some screenshots:

First my workbench: Two sources with WFS and SDE Featureclass, Transformer "Changedetector" and the writer class which is the same like the sde reader:

Then the following the results, which is from the Writer SDE Featureclass BAUMA_FEU_OWNER.FEU_PARZELLE_TEST. In the following example one "old" geometrie is split new in two "new" geometries.

First pictures show the old geometrie:

the next two shows the two "new" geometries:

The empty red marked fields should get the values from the "old" geometrie. And finally the old geometrie should be deleted....

I hope that my problem now clearer is

Will you ever have the scenario where two features with the same EGRIS_EGRID attribute become one? Are you using the fme_db_operation attribute to make the updates once identified

Badge

Will you ever have the scenario where two features with the same EGRIS_EGRID attribute become one? Are you using the fme_db_operation attribute to make the updates once identified

Hi, i think I found the solution. Short after my post, I had the brainstorm...

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

Hi, i think I found the solution. Short after my post, I had the brainstorm...

Great, I was going to suggest something like this, but unsure how you are making the updates to the data. So in the scenario above you would end up with one record with an updated geometry and one new record to be inserted with a different geometry but both sharing the attributes of the original feature