Question

Custom field in Civil3D file not found

Badge

I have a Civil3D dwg file and have tried so many parameters in the reader properties to try to see if I can see the custom "Note" field that is in there to no avail. The creator of the dwg file said it's embedded in the cogo points layer and I see the cogo points layer and associated fields but not that custom field. Is there something that I'm missing? Thanks!

3 replies

Badge +3

My first thoughts are:

- Are you using the Civil 3D reader?

- Have you tried exposing the attribute with an AttributeE poser?

- is the attribute visible in the Feature Information window of the FME Data Inspector?

I hope these suggestions help you locating the issue.

Badge

My first thoughts are:

- Are you using the Civil 3D reader?

- Have you tried exposing the attribute with an AttributeE poser?

- is the attribute visible in the Feature Information window of the FME Data Inspector?

I hope these suggestions help you locating the issue.

I have been using the Civil3D reader, then I tried the next steps you suggested and I'm still not able to to see that note field- I contacted the creator to see what the exact name is to make sure. But I did try to use the object data table reader and I can see the "autocad_text_string" there and it has the information there...so maybe I can use that? But I'm going to try your notes again once I hear back from them

Badge +3

I have been using the Civil3D reader, then I tried the next steps you suggested and I'm still not able to to see that note field- I contacted the creator to see what the exact name is to make sure. But I did try to use the object data table reader and I can see the "autocad_text_string" there and it has the information there...so maybe I can use that? But I'm going to try your notes again once I hear back from them

You can use the autocad_text_string attribute. You have the option to expose it using an AttributeExposer or by enabling it on the reader feature type on the 'format attributes' tab.