Solved

Python Exception: Value Error

• 11 January 2019
  • 5 replies

I'm fairly new to FME so my apologies if this is a pretty straightforward question. I'm trying to create a GTFS Feed using FME by reformatting data I already have in a excel table. I'm getting an error from a reader and I'm not quite sure where to look, tried reformatting my table data again but no avail. I'm on Workbench 2017.1

Here's the error:

Python Exception <ValueError>: unconverted data remains: 4

Error encountered while calling function `convertDate'

f_95(PythonFactory): PythonFactory failed to process feature

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks!

Kevin

icon

Best answer by davidrich 12 January 2019, 13:34

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @kevin_durkee

Could you share us your log file?

Thanks,

Danilo

Here's the Logfile

logfile.pdf

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Here's the Logfile

logfile.pdf

Hi @kevin_durkee

Thanks for the log file, would it be possible to provide a small sample your Excel dataset as well as your workspace? That may help in narrowing down the issue.
Badge

Hi

I believe your issue is due to a rouge character "4" in your date data type columns. I would double check that all your date columns are all valid.

If unable to find the issue. change the data type for your date columns into string data type the use FME date converter to find the problem.

Dave

Hi

I believe your issue is due to a rouge character "4" in your date data type columns. I would double check that all your date columns are all valid.

If unable to find the issue. change the data type for your date columns into string data type the use FME date converter to find the problem.

Dave

Thanks Dave, I used the date converter to find that all of the times with a 4 in it were being read incorrectly. After reformatting it worked.