Question

Emailer Error

• 16 October 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +7

Hi,

I have troubles setting up an Emailer in FME Desktop 2019. For testing purposes I set up a simple workspace with just a creator linked to an Emailer to send a test mail from my email account to my other email account. I tried different settings for the Encryption and the port number, as documented on my mail providers site but the workspace always produces a fatal error.

I'm guessing it is because I'm running the ws inside my companies VPN which would be a problem as my floating FME license only works inside the VPN.

In my logfile I get following error messages:

The below feature caused the translation to be terminated

Emailer_<Rejected> (TeeFactory): Emailer_<Rejected>: Termination Message: 'Emailer output a <Rejected> feature. To continue translation when features are rejected, change 'Workspace Parameters' > Translation > 'Rejected Feature Handling' to 'Continue Translation''

Emailer_<Rejected>: Termination Message: 'Emailer output a <Rejected> feature. To continue translation when features are rejected, change 'Workspace Parameters' > Translation > 'Rejected Feature Handling' to 'Continue Translation''

Error encountered while calling method `input'

Emailer_CALLER (PythonFactory): PythonFactory failed to process feature

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

and one warning:

Emailer: SMTPServerDisconnected: Could not complete request. Message: Connection unexpectedly closed: timed out

Thank you in advance for any help!

3 replies

Userlevel 4

At first look it seems to be either a connection issue (is the company firewall or proxy blocking the connection?) or a permission problem on the SMTP server. But because of the VPN I would first inquire with your IT department about that.

Badge +7

At first look it seems to be either a connection issue (is the company firewall or proxy blocking the connection?) or a permission problem on the SMTP server. But because of the VPN I would first inquire with your IT department about that.

That was my guess as well. I will ask our IT admin if he knows whats causing the problem.

This exception is raised when the server unexpectedly disconnects, or when an attempt is made to use the python mail SMTP instance before connecting it to a server. Clients sending outgoing mail should connect on port 587 and use starttls. To use port 465, you need to call smtplib.SMTP_SSL(). Currently, it calls smtplib.SMTP() .. so,change your PORT from 465 into 587 it. Also, you'll need to send the ehlo command before the starttls command, then again after the starttls command.