Question

need to take email addresses from a AGOL table, and add to an existing text file, only if it doesnt already exist within this text file

• 27 June 2020
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +7

Hey,

So I have an ArcGIS Online Form, users enter an email address.

FME periodically checks this AGOL table and grabs the list of email addresses within.

What I am trying to do is insert these emails addresses into a local text file, but only if this email address does not already exist within this text file. This text file is simply a list of email addresses, think of it as a single column CSV file.

If the email address is already in the text file, FME needs to go off and do other things (that part I have sorted).

What is the most efficient way to test if the email address (its just a string) exists in an existing text file?

I currently am using a feature joiner to do the test, joined means it already exists, unjoined means they dont already reside in the text file. This does not feel efficient, I am guessing there is a more suitable transformer out there?

1 reply

Badge

Hi @benvk, I am wondering would a ChangeDetector would do the job for you. Here is a link to the documentation.

http://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Transformers/Transformers/changedetector.htm

Let me know if you test it out.