Question

WorkspaceRunner: Issues with sketchup and geodatabase

• 16 November 2016
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have successfully implemented a WorkspaceRunners that run a workspaces that read in from CSV files, IFC files and Shapefiles.

However trying to implement a similar WorkspaceRunner to read a batch of Sketchup files fails. If the WorkspaceRunner sends the Source filename that the Workspace being called was created with it works fine. However sending another Source filename, the workspace being called fails to read that file.

On a different note, I cannot see how to use WorkspaceRunner to read a batch of Feature Datasets in a geodatabase.

Thanks

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Without seeing more, I'm guessing that the Sketchup reader is returning the data with different feature types when it is run with different input data. I'd examine the Sketchup workspace itself and see what happens if you test it, standalone, with different inputs. You may need to use Feature Type Merging on the reader side to cause all input to route in through one input feature type. See our doc for some further ideas on this.

RE: Feature Datasets in batch -- if you could supply a sample we can dig in and see how that could be automated.