Question

How to replace a few attribute values by attribute values from another feature class?

• 27 August 2013
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I am looking for a way to replace some (205 values) attribute values from a polygon feature class containing 45000 values. The new attribut values (the 205) are stored in another (point) feature class and the location is the only conformity. With all the other attributes it is not possible to determine the responding point to the polygon.

Kind Regards,

Markus

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi Markus,

In many cases, the SpatialFilter or SpatialRelator can be used to transfer attributes of a feature to another feature based on their spatial relationship.

Takashi
Hi Markus,

I think the PointOnArea Overlayer could help you. You can input the points and areas and then merge the attributes...

I hope that helps you,

regards,

Stefan
Thanks for the fast reply. The problem is more the replacement of the existing attribute values (but not all, just the ones connectet via the spatial relation) with the one from the second feature class. How would you perform this?

Kind Regards,

Markus
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi,

I would use a SpatialFilter:

Merge Attributes: Yes

Attribute Prefix: base_

Only for PASSED features, replace the target attribute with the appropriate "base_****" (AttributeCreator etc.). After this you may remove all "base_****" (BulkAttributeRemover), if you don't need them no longer.  You don't need to touch FAILED features.

Naturally, "base_" is just an example. You may specify any string to the Attribute Prefix.

Hope this helps.

Takashi