Question

RGB Point Cloud and NDVI Raster

Badge

Hi

I want to visualize in 3D NDVI values (single band .tiff raster) in combination with RGB .las point cloud.

What would be the best apporach?

Cheers

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @mkhovalko,

You can use the PointCloudOnRasterComponentSetter transformer to apply the NDVI values on the point cloud.

Since the raster has only a single value, please set Components to Set to Custom, then set band 0 to intensity. This should provide a good grey-scale rendering.

Badge

Hi @mkhovalko,

You can use the PointCloudOnRasterComponentSetter transformer to apply the NDVI values on the point cloud.

Since the raster has only a single value, please set Components to Set to Custom, then set band 0 to intensity. This should provide a good grey-scale rendering.

@daveatsafe thanks, I tried this option but point cloud intensity result is 1

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

@daveatsafe thanks, I tried this option but point cloud intensity result is 1

Hi @mkhovalko,

Please look at both the raster and point cloud in the Data Inspector to check that they properly overlay each other. If they have different coordinate systems, you may need to reproject one of the datasets to match the other. The Data Inspector will also show how many bands are in the raster, and whether it has a palette. If you do have a palette on the image, you can use the RasterPaletteResolver to convert to a regular image.

Badge

Hi @mkhovalko,

Please look at both the raster and point cloud in the Data Inspector to check that they properly overlay each other. If they have different coordinate systems, you may need to reproject one of the datasets to match the other. The Data Inspector will also show how many bands are in the raster, and whether it has a palette. If you do have a palette on the image, you can use the RasterPaletteResolver to convert to a regular image.

NDVI has negative values hence FME defaults to 1

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

NDVI has negative values hence FME defaults to 1

Hi @mkhovalko,

OK, I that would make sense. I think intensity is Uint.

Please add a new Int32 component on the point cloud with the PointCloudComponentAdder, then send to the PointCloudOnRasterComponentSetter and set band 0 to your new component. The Int data types will allow negative values.