Question

Coordinate systems transformations parameters

• 18 June 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello,

I am having some problems with reprojection between two coordinate systems.

My data in some local coordinate system that is similar to MGI based EPSG:31276(same projection but different datum) and I want to reproject it to EPSG:32634(I have even made new coordinate system using

https://demos-safe-software.fmecloud.com/fmedatastreaming/Coordsys/Start.fmw?). I have transformation parameters but I don't know how to edit existing transformation files. I could really use some help if it is possible.

Important things: I have tried Reprojector,csmapreprojector but they are not giving me good result. I don't have ArcGIS installed so I am not able to use ESRI Reprojector.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @maliodpalube,

You can find a complete description of the Transformation definitions at Adding a Custom Transformation.

The file FME\\Reproject\\MyCoordSysDefs.fme has several samples of custom transformations in it that you can copy/paste as a starting point for your own transformation definition.

If you run into any trouble, please send me the transformation specification, and I would be happy to help you out with a definition.

Badge

Hi @maliodpalube,

You can find a complete description of the Transformation definitions at Adding a Custom Transformation.

The file FME\\Reproject\\MyCoordSysDefs.fme has several samples of custom transformations in it that you can copy/paste as a starting point for your own transformation definition.

If you run into any trouble, please send me the transformation specification, and I would be happy to help you out with a definition.

mycoordsysdefs.txt

I have tried to add a custom transformation but it is not working as it should. I think FME is not even using my transformation. In csmapreprojector I can't set which transformation should it use, it is gray. Can You maybe help me?

I attached the MyCoord file and I will also write You here parameters of transformation.

Thank You in advance.

dx -262.0894m

dy -234.6874m

dz -753.2243m

rx 4.85806"

ry 14.53780"

rz -15.79343"

sf -0.5354ppm

*Note: I have changed the extension to .txt just in order to be able to upload it to q&a; community. On my PC it is still .fme.

Badge
mycoordsysdefs.txt

I have tried to add a custom transformation but it is not working as it should. I think FME is not even using my transformation. In csmapreprojector I can't set which transformation should it use, it is gray. Can You maybe help me?

I attached the MyCoord file and I will also write You here parameters of transformation.

Thank You in advance.

dx -262.0894m

dy -234.6874m

dz -753.2243m

rx 4.85806"

ry 14.53780"

rz -15.79343"

sf -0.5354ppm

*Note: I have changed the extension to .txt just in order to be able to upload it to q&a; community. On my PC it is still .fme.

I have added the transformation, I needed to add it in LocalCoordSysDefs.fme in part of user defined but again when I run my workbench that only has one reader shp that is something similar to 31276 and csmapreprojector and shp writer in 32634 and when I click RUN, I am getting this error:

Feature Type: `CsmapReprojector_REPROJECTED' Attribute(string) : `BROJ' has value `2569'

Attribute(string) : `GID' has value `1034506805'

Attribute(string) : `IND' has value `2'

Attribute(string) : `INDGID' has value `1'

Attribute(string) : `KO' has value `104'

Attribute(encoded: windows-1250): `MONSTAT_PO' has value `20010'

Attribute(encoded: windows-1250): `NAZIV_KO' has value `ZUPCI'

Attribute(encoded: windows-1250): `NAZIV_PO' has value `Bar'

Attribute(encoded: windows-1250): `NAZIV_SREZ' has value `BARSKI SREZ'

Attribute(encoded: windows-1250): `PO' has value `2'

Attribute(string) : `PODBROJ' has value `1'

Attribute(string) : `SHAPE_GEOMETRY' has value `shape_polygon'

Attribute(string) : `SREZ' has value `15'

Attribute(string) : `ZGRADA' has value `1'

Attribute(string) : `fme_feature_type' has value `Objekti_Bar'

Attribute(string) : `fme_geometry' has value `fme_polygon'

Attribute(entangled: string) : `fme_type' has value `fme_area'

entangled to [SHAPE_GEOMETRY]

Attribute(32 bit integer) : `multi_reader_full_id' has value `0'

Attribute(32 bit integer) : `multi_reader_id' has value `0'

Attribute(string) : `multi_reader_keyword' has value `ESRISHAPE_1'

Attribute(string) : `multi_reader_type' has value `ESRISHAPE'

Coordinate System: `'

Geometry Type: IFMEPolygon

Boundary:

Geometry Type: IFMELine

Number of Coordinates: 5 -- Coordinate Dimension: 2

(6593316.62,4664168.72)(6593322.25,4664174.38)(6593325.42,4664171.64)(6593320.06,4664166.08)(6593316.62,4664168.72)

===========================================================================

CsmapReprojector(TeeFactory): CsmapReprojector: Reproject: Could not reproject the geometry of the preceding feature: Reprojector: Could not create reprojection engine

CsmapReprojector: Reproject: Could not reproject the geometry of the preceding feature: Reprojector: Could not create reprojection engine

Translation FAILED with 47 error(s) and 7 warning(s) (0 feature(s) output)

Stored 2 feature(s) to FME feature store file `.\\mapping_log.ffs'

FME Session Duration: 0.5 seconds. (CPU: 0.4s user, 0.1s system)

END - ProcessID: 2164, peak process memory usage: 77760 kB, current process memory usage: 77760 kB

CsmapReprojector: Reproject: Could not reproject the geometry of the preceding feature: Reprojector: Could not create reprojection engine

Program Terminating

Translation FAILED.

With localcoordsysdefs it works, but I am not sure why it is working now.

localcoordsysdefs.txt

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

I have added the transformation, I needed to add it in LocalCoordSysDefs.fme in part of user defined but again when I run my workbench that only has one reader shp that is something similar to 31276 and csmapreprojector and shp writer in 32634 and when I click RUN, I am getting this error:

Feature Type: `CsmapReprojector_REPROJECTED' Attribute(string) : `BROJ' has value `2569'

Attribute(string) : `GID' has value `1034506805'

Attribute(string) : `IND' has value `2'

Attribute(string) : `INDGID' has value `1'

Attribute(string) : `KO' has value `104'

Attribute(encoded: windows-1250): `MONSTAT_PO' has value `20010'

Attribute(encoded: windows-1250): `NAZIV_KO' has value `ZUPCI'

Attribute(encoded: windows-1250): `NAZIV_PO' has value `Bar'

Attribute(encoded: windows-1250): `NAZIV_SREZ' has value `BARSKI SREZ'

Attribute(encoded: windows-1250): `PO' has value `2'

Attribute(string) : `PODBROJ' has value `1'

Attribute(string) : `SHAPE_GEOMETRY' has value `shape_polygon'

Attribute(string) : `SREZ' has value `15'

Attribute(string) : `ZGRADA' has value `1'

Attribute(string) : `fme_feature_type' has value `Objekti_Bar'

Attribute(string) : `fme_geometry' has value `fme_polygon'

Attribute(entangled: string) : `fme_type' has value `fme_area'

entangled to [SHAPE_GEOMETRY]

Attribute(32 bit integer) : `multi_reader_full_id' has value `0'

Attribute(32 bit integer) : `multi_reader_id' has value `0'

Attribute(string) : `multi_reader_keyword' has value `ESRISHAPE_1'

Attribute(string) : `multi_reader_type' has value `ESRISHAPE'

Coordinate System: `'

Geometry Type: IFMEPolygon

Boundary:

Geometry Type: IFMELine

Number of Coordinates: 5 -- Coordinate Dimension: 2

(6593316.62,4664168.72)(6593322.25,4664174.38)(6593325.42,4664171.64)(6593320.06,4664166.08)(6593316.62,4664168.72)

===========================================================================

CsmapReprojector(TeeFactory): CsmapReprojector: Reproject: Could not reproject the geometry of the preceding feature: Reprojector: Could not create reprojection engine

Translation FAILED with 47 error(s) and 7 warning(s) (0 feature(s) output)

Stored 2 feature(s) to FME feature store file `.\\mapping_log.ffs'

FME Session Duration: 0.5 seconds. (CPU: 0.4s user, 0.1s system)

END - ProcessID: 2164, peak process memory usage: 77760 kB, current process memory usage: 77760 kB

Program Terminating

Translation FAILED.

With localcoordsysdefs it works, but I am not sure why it is working now.

localcoordsysdefs.txt

Hi @maliodpalube,

The '#' character is used to comment the line in the definition files. If you remove that character in MyCoordSysDefs.fme, your definitions will take effect.

In the LocalCoordSysDefs.fme, none of the coordinate systems you defined are using the datums you defined. Please set one of the coordinate systems to use the EPSG:31276 datum and the other to use EPSG:32634. Then any reprojection between the two coordinate systems will apply your transformation.