Question

How can I make relation among smallworld circuits in FME

• 11 December 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi everyone,

I have a good question that I tried to achieved but this is very difficult for me.

I have circuits in the smallworld database. This circuits have got a simple parent-child relationship. There are many circuits like this but there is no relation first circuit with 3th circuit. If I accept the first circuit is a parent, this parent related downstream circuit mean that its own child circuit. However this parent circuit doesn't have relation with its own child's downstream circuits.

I would like to make a relation among from first circuit to end....

I have got circuit_line as shape format and the related internal table as excel in the attached

You can consider and start from this parent id 46598749 circuit id =5018-OG-6002

Your browser does not support HTML5 video.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

Could you use the PathBuilder (and generate a list from circuits it finds) or the ShortestPathFinder transformers?

Not sure, but we usually use Magik code in Smallworld for this kind of calculations.

Badge

Thanks for suggestion @erik_jan.

Actually I tried to go with geometric approach but I realized that the Smallworld internal tables already keep the relation. I would like to use this internal tables and make a tree model like below image. All the circuits are connected as parent-child to the end.. By the way I replicated the smallworld database to postgis. what I want to do I will do in postgis. I am not sure, can I make a relationship without spatial functions.