Solved

FME Server 2013 Data Streaming log files

• 30 November 2012
  • 1 reply

Badge
We are running FME Server 2013 Data Streaming which is driven from a MapGuide site and outputs PDF files. This is quite a complex workspace which generates logs up to about 2MB per request. I would like to be able to turn down the degree of logging to just ERROR if possible. Some of the other services seem to have the option in the .properties file to set the DEBUG_LEVEL = SEVERE. This does not appear to be an option in the Data Streaming config file. I tried adding it anyway with no success.

Anyone have any thoughts? Am I missing something basic here?

Thanks,

J

icon

Best answer by kathyross 3 December 2012, 02:42

View original

1 reply

Badge +2
Just some thoughts as I haven't found a solution myself:
  • FME Server doesn't seem to have a parameter to reduce the level that is logged
  • FME Desktop has a Tools->Options setting that can filter the level of log information logged. However, this is application specific and not workspace specific
  • Workspaces have a Header file via which you can add DEBUG information to the log file and toggle a few log options, but none seem to have the same effect as the FME Options which filters the level of information logged.
I currently do not think there is a quick and easy solution. Safe may have other thoughts.