Question

Generic reader and writer

• 7 August 2013
  • 4 replies

Badge +22
  • Contributor
  • 1963 replies
Is there a way to silently link a generic writer to a generic reader format?

Ie if the user selects a geotiff as input the output would be geotiff, if DTED then DTED.

I can publish the output format, but the user would still have to manually change the output format.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi,

You can link the Output Format parameter of the writer to the Input Format parameter of the reader to synchronize them: 1) Right-click the Output Format parameter node on the Navigator window to show a shortcut menu. See the image. 2) Select "Link to User Parameter" to open "Set to User Parameter" dialog box. 3) Select the Input Format parameter (GENERIC_IN_REAL_FORMAT_GENERIC by default) on the dialog box.

Takashi
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
... forgot. The Input Format parameter of the reader should be created as first. Right-click the Input Format parameter node of the reader on the Navigator window, then select "Create User Parameter".

The image in the previous post shows the state after creating the Input Format parameter.
Badge +22
That works if I explicitly set the generic reader input format, if I leave it as "guess from extension" the generic writer fails.
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Ah, I didn't consider the condition of "guess from extension". I think it's necessary to specify explicitly input format anyway.

Takashi